As the leading Mesa moving company, we’ve compiled a short moving plan to help you get ready for your big move. Read on to learn how you can relieve some of that moving-day stress through preparation.
One month before the move
- Create a list of all the items you will need in your new place, and check off everything you already have.
- Get rid of anything you no longer need nor want. You can either try to sell your items to put some extra cash in your pocket, donate them or toss them in the trash.
- Properly discard any and all clutter (expired cleaning chemicals, paint, flammables).
- Make an insurance checklist. Create a list of the all items being transported and record their approximate replacement value.
- Inform the United States Post Office, DMV and your credit companies of your new address.
Two weeks before the move
- Double check dates, times and new addresses for the big moving day.
- Arrange to have your utilities (gas, electric, internet/cable, etc.) turned off at your previous address and turned on at the new location.
One week before the move
- No flammables are allowed on the moving truck so please dispose of them properly. Don’t throw them in the garbage or pour them down the drain; doing so is hazardous to the environment. Contact your local hazardous chemical waste company for proper disposal instructions.
- Make sure the moving truck doesn’t block pathways or parking spots. If you reside in an apartment complex, inform your onsite manager so they are aware of the situation.
- Decide what you want on hand during the move so you don’t accidently pack it away.
- Have one or two boxes that specifically contain essentials and mark them so you can differentiate them from the rest.
Day before the move
- If you plan on taking major appliances with you (fridge, stove, etc.) please have them emptied and cleaned (Allow time for refrigerators to defrost; at least 24 hours).
- Essentials. Pack up any personal belongings still lying around (toothbrush, phone chargers, etc.)
- You will receive a call from our staff to inform you of the approximate arrival time up to 24 hours in advance.
- Make sure a party is present at the residence when the truck arrives to ensure it parks in the right location.
NewView Moving takes precautions with every move. Our licensed staff arrives fully prepared with all the tools needed to complete the task at hand (blankets, shrink wrap, etc.). Though highly unlikely, damage to items during a move is a possibility. The state of Arizona and the Department of Transportation require basic liability insurance for this reason.
NewView Moving offers $0.60/lb coverage for any items; the required coverage issued by the Department of Transportation. This coverage is included at no additional cost. However, we also supply a full-coverage option through Baker International – our third party insurer.
Other insurance options
If your renter’s or homeowner’s coverage is higher than the $0.60/lb, the insurance company will only need to confirm the move will be handled by a reputable moving company.
Other moving insurance companies
Should you decide to receive a full-coverage plan, please call Baker International at 1.800.356.0099, or visit www.bakerintl.com and inform them you are relocating with NewView Moving.