Intrastate moving companies are not required to be licensed with the FMCSA. These in-state moving companies are required to follow state laws which differ from state to state. Here is a list of what is required by state.

State Licensing required USDOT
Alabama APSC number, must file rates with state PSC YES
Alaska N/A YES
Arizona Must declare vehicle gross weight to the state DOT YES
Arkansas Bingo Stamp NO
California CPUC number NO
Colorado HHG license for household goods, PRC license as a property carrier YES
Connecticut CPTC number NO
Delaware Permit proving vehicle registration NO
Florida IM number for local movers, MV and MR Numbers for long distance movers YES
Georgia GPSC number YES
Hawaii PUC number NO
Idaho State registration with Idaho DOT NO
Illinois ILCC number NO
Indiana IHGC number YES
Iowa IOWAMC number YES
Kansas MCID number YES
Kentucky KYU number, KIT number and IFTA license YES
Louisiana Common Carrier Certificate, Bingo Stamp NO
Maine N/A YES
Maryland N/A YES
Massachusetts MDPU number NO
Michigan MPSC number YES
Minnesota MNDOT number YES
Mississippi MSPC number NO
Missouri MODOT number YES
Montana PSC number YES
Nebraska Form A (household goods movers), Form H (cargo movers and insurance) NO
Nevada CPCN number NO
New Hampshire NHPC number NO
New Jersey NJPC or NJPM number NO
New Mexico PRC number NO
New York NYDOT number YES
North Carolina NCUC-C number NO
North Dakota ND State number NO
Ohio PUCO number YES
Oklahoma Intrastate license with PIN YES
Oregon CAHG number YES
Pennsylvania PUC number NO
Rhode Island N/A NO
South Carolina SCP-SC number YES
South Dakota N/A YES
Tennessee Bingo Stamp for interstate moves YES
Texas TXDOT number NO
Utah N/A YES
Vermont N/A NO
Virginia VA DMV permit NO
Washington WTC number YES
West Virginia WVCPCN number YES
Wisconsin LC number YES
Wyoming DOC number YES